Sunday, December 12, 2010

An imprint

I have still been feeling rather faint and poorly, hence my silence of late, but I did feel in need of fresh air and commune with my plants yesterday so, despite the frost, I ventured forth to my plot. It was foggy and with still a freezing aspect to the air. I was heading to my shed, at the back of my currants, my gaze cast downwards so I didn't slip, when my eye spied a sight that stopped me in my tracks. A wellie print perfectly preserved in the frozen mud just outside my door. I stopped hand on the latch. My mittened fingers paused I considered what this sign might mean. Instinctively I flipped the latch pulled the door towards me but stepped back and do you know a collection of logs spilled from the top of the door in a pile at my feet, if I had ordinarily stepped into my shed I would have received a severe blow to the head.
Well now really I have no alternative but to report this to the committee. And I have to say that I know that wellie print all too well, Woolworths circa 1995, size UK ladies 9, Marjorie Pritchard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home